Red Sox Nation with a gay flair



Hungarian God of Hits


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Our GM's by committee have apparently solved one of the big questions for next season - first base. As of now, the Red Sox will be platooning Kevin Youkilis and J.T. Snow. I really like this situation and it will be great to see Youk playing on a regular basis. I predict that this season, Youkilis will shed his nickname of the past, "The Greek God of Walks", and adopt a new nickname: "The Hungarian God of Hits". (Kevin isn't even Greek!) Youkilis had a 0.8051 OPS in 2005, compared with Millar's 0.7532. Granted Youkilis had fewer at bats but when you incorporate his bats from Pawtucket, his OPS rises to 0.967. In comparison, Manny's OPS his rookie year was 0.502. I am by no means assuring that Youkilis is going to become a Ramirez-type hitter (it's waaaaay too early for that), but it is great to see such solid numbers for a rookie. Add into the picture an OBP hovering around .400, Youkilis isn't going to look too shabby in a line-up batting before Big Papi and Ramirez.


0 Responses to “Hungarian God of Hits”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jon
  • From Boston, Massachusetts, United States
  • My profile






Previous posts

Archives

Red Sox Links


Sports Links


Gay Sports Links


Other Links



  • All images on this site are copyright of their respective owners unless otherwise noted. If you own the rites to any of the images on this site and do not wish them to appear here, please contact me and I will promptly remove them. Thanks!