Red Sox Nation with a gay flair



Holy Shirt!!! Sleeveless Millar


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So everyone has their Red Sox traditions. My friends and I wear shirts.

Exhibit A: Sleeveless Millar

This shirt isn't really a Kevin Millar shirt. In fact, it is just a red, sleeveless Sox shirt. But over time, and after many trips to 'Beer Express' behind home plate, it has been affectionately called 'Sleeveless Millar'.

Here's a quick Q & A with the wearer of Sleeveless Millar so that we can attempt to understand its mystery:

What is it about 'Sleeveless Millar' that gives it its power to help the Red Sox?
Good things happened when I wore that shirt. I think I even got laid a couple of times with it on. In general, it is good to wear Red Sox gear at the game (that way people know that you are not a secret Yankees fan).
*editorial addition - he even got a missed connection on craigslist while wearing this shirt.
*second editorial addition - the missed connection was at the Eagle.
*third editiorial addition - he did not reply to the missed connection.
*fourth editorial addition - at least as far as I know, he did not reply to the missed connection.

Are there any notable games when you have worn 'Sleeveless Millar'?
'Sleeveless Millar' had a great run. It was indeed this red sleevelss shirt that propelled the Sox into several wins in 2004, including Patriots Day and that day game where I got a sunburn on my feet. (Kevin Millar hit a home run that day too!) It then propelled us through the Mueller HR off Riveira game in July, which included the Varitek-Arod fight. It was then worn through the first round of the playoffs but abandoned for Ol' Red after the 0-3 deficit to the Yankees. Ol' Red did not lose for the rest of the 2004 playoffs.

What are you going to do now that Millar is on the Orioles?
Because I was smart enough to NOT purchase a shirt that had Kevin Millar's name on it, I don't think it will be an issue.

Are any new shirts going to make appearances at Fenway this season?
I am constantly on the lookout for a new lucky shirt, but this is impossible to predict. Clearly, being fashionable is not a prerequisite for being a lucky shirt. It would be nice if I could come up with a Coco Crisp related shirt, but you really can't force these things.

Stay tuned for Exhibit B: Blue Schilling


3 Responses to “Holy Shirt!!! Sleeveless Millar”

  1. Anonymous Witch City Sox Girl 

    While on the subject of fashion, what is your stance on socks up vs. non-exposed socks? I think if a player has the legs for it, a full on exposed red sock look is good. Varitek wears this exceptionally well. However, using the longer length pants would be a better proposition for players like Matt Clement, yet he insists on the more traditional ensamble.

  2. Anonymous Patrick 

    Witch City Sox Girl, I prefer the shorter length pants leg with the sox exposed. I find it quite sexy.

  3. Anonymous Witch City Sox Girl 

    I, too, prefer the more traditional look. One word: Trot.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jon
  • From Boston, Massachusetts, United States
  • My profile






Previous posts

Archives

Red Sox Links


Sports Links


Gay Sports Links


Other Links



  • All images on this site are copyright of their respective owners unless otherwise noted. If you own the rites to any of the images on this site and do not wish them to appear here, please contact me and I will promptly remove them. Thanks!